What is Skype
Skype is a proprietary Voice over IP service and software application. Skype is owned by Microsoft.
How to Unsubscribe from Skype Subscription
1. Sign in to your account and, on the left of the page, click your existing subscriptions.
2. Click Settings next to the subscription you want to cancel.
3. Click Cancel subscription
4. Confirm that you'd like to cancel it. Information on the subscription you have cancelled is displayed.
How to Cancel Skype Premium
1. Sign in to your account.
2. In the Manage features section, click Group video calls.
3. Click Change Skype Premium settings > Cancel Skype Premium.
How to Cancel Your Skype Account
It’s not possible to delete a Skype account or change a Skype Name after it has been created. However, you can remove all the personal information contained in your profile. To do this:
1. Sign in to Skype.
2. View your profile.
On Windows desktop: In the menu bar, click Skype > Profile > Edit Your Profile...
On Mac: In the menu bar, click File > Edit Profile...
On Linux: Click your Skype Name and select Edit profile.
3. Remove any personal information provided, such as your name, picture, mood, phone numbers and email addresses.
4. When you have removed the personal information, only your Skype Name should remain.
It’s not possible to delete a Skype account or change a Skype Name after it has been created. However, you can remove all the personal information contained in your profile. This will ensure that other people cannot search for you in Skype by using personal information such as your full name, email or phone number (although they will still be able to search for your Skype Name).
The personal information contained in your profile depends on the information you provided when you created or updated your profile. It may include your name, gender, date of birth, phone number, email address, mood message and any profile pictures of yourself you have uploaded.